A decision to be made

To join now or next year?

So many factors to consider, first of which, we find her so young to be going to school much farther from the house. She’s still such a baby in so many ways despite the fierce determine to be independent. Frankly also, while we saw the marked improvement in her during her stay in her current school, we still want her to attend big school. Anyhow, we just let her be assessed in Ate’s school, and now that she has passed, we are stumped on where to actually enroll her. lol. I have until Friday to decide (that’s the deadline for the reservation).

Please help us, O Lord, in making the right decision for our little girl.

Moving and moving forward

We will now have two kids in school. You would often hear parents “Don’t grow up too fast!” or “Where did time go?” in relation to bringing up kids. One minute they’re tiny, the next they’re spreading their wings and flying away from their nest. I’ve had these moments every time Mischa tries on thing after thing. But now it is the bunso‘s turn. Come August, she’ll join the throngs of school children. Earlier this month, we had her assessed at Mischa’s old pre-school, and been found that she can start toddler class. It is safe to say that she aced the “entrance exam”.

Some might say she maybe too young since she’ll be two months shy of being 3 by the time class opens. As with Mischa, there is really no pressure about her academics. For both of them, I just want the opportunities to learn and explore. As early as now, I want to expose her to the world, no matter how little the world maybe to her at this time. For her to just go beyond the confines of our house, and not be limited to our circle, her toys, and the gadgets around. And mostly, I just wish for her to have an alternative venue to expend her energies creatively.

New challenges up ahead

Some weeks ago, the husband attended the open house of the school we are targeting to enroll Mischa in come the following school year when she begins Grade 1. We then submitted her documents and then she took the entrance exam on Valentine’s Day. Yesterday, we got the results:


Big hooray for the kid! We are officially in. We were informed that enrollment is by February 27, and we were actually taken aback. Whoa, that soon? And she hasn’t she even graduated from her present school. And we have not yet factored paying for her tuition fees this early. Good thing is, they allow parents to initially reserve the slot, then do the actual enrollment within the next three months. Since we are bent on sending her to this school (although the tuition is double than what we are paying now) because we are already thinking of big universities (early training is very important), we paid the reservation fee of Php1,000.

By the way, when I saw the test results, I said out loud, “Anak ko nga talaga ito!” (Mischa is truly my daughter!). English also seems to be her forte, while Math her waterloo, much like me.

Cheers to new beginnings!