Got this list from Cosmo Ph. I’m now over thirty, but I believe that it’s never too late for anyone to try anything. Okay, so I’ll highlight what I’ve done..
Before reaching the big 3-0, make sure you’ve made the most of your 20s by trying out these to-dos shared by real 20-somethings who’ve made their bucket lists happen.
1. Travel to at least two countries around the world. Check! Canada, United Kingdom, Malaysia, Singapore
2. Try an extreme sport or (or ride a really legit rollercoaster).
3. Plan a backpacking trip with your partner or barkada. Check!
4. Visit at least five beaches in the Philippines. Check! Boracay, Palawan, Cebu, Panglao, Subic, Puerto Galera, Batangas
5. Go on a retreat a la-Eat, Pray, Love. Check!
6. Rough it up and go camping. While you’re at it, ditch all your gadgets for a whole day!
7. Set up a part-time business as an extra source of income. Check! It paid for my trips.
8. Take a post-graduate degree overseas. Just a post-graduate degree.
9. Have an adventurous love affair. I don’t know about being adventurous but yeah.
10. Go on a cruise. Check!
11. Hit the party scene and feel like you’re twenty-two-oo, as Taylor Swift would say. Check!
12. Experience living in a different country for a few years.
13. Find a new hobby, like yoga, pilates, or rock climbing. Does aerobics and zumba count?
14. Go scuba diving. Does snorkeling count? Maybe not. lol
15. Take a food trip around Asia. Check!
16. Finish a marathon.
17. Hook up with your childhood crush before settling down. I wish I had a real crush when I was a kid. They seem to be all celebrities!
18. Have at least one kick-ass job you can be proud of. My job is not kick-ass but I’m proud of it.
19. Open your own bank account. Check!
20. Move out of your parents’ house. Check!
21. Have a stable group of friends. Check!
22. Forgive your enemies and cut ties with anchors. Check!
23. Buy your parents a major “thank you” gift. “Major” is such a subjective word.
24. Have an impressive resume that doesn’t need padding. Check!
25. Buy something ridiculously expensive as a gift for yourself. Check!
26. Save enough money to buy a car (a secondhand will do).
27. Know how to fall in love the right way. Check!
28. Ditch your insecurities and embrace your curves! Check! I have a lot of bikinis to show for it. Proof.
29. Overcome a fear. Check! Majorly done at the Capilano Suspension Bridge in Vancouver where I almost died of a heart attack. lol.
30. Learn how to say “no. Check!
22 of 30 ain’t bad, right?